Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Paul Ganainm
Subject Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64
Date
List pgsql-performance
jd@commandprompt.com says...

> XFS.. hands down.

Off topic question here, but I'm a bit at a loss to understand exactly
what sgi are doing.

I thought that they were removing IRIX and going with Linux as the OS to
their high end graphical workstations, yet I see they still have IRIX on
their site.

What, exactly, is the story with this?

Paul...

--
plinehan  y_a_h_o_o  and d_o_t  com
C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

"XML avoids the fundamental question of what we should do,
by focusing entirely on how we should do it."

quote from http://www.metatorial.com