Groff and Weinberg SQL Complete Reference - Sample database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Ganainm
Subject Groff and Weinberg SQL Complete Reference - Sample database?
Date
List pgsql-general

Not really a PostgreSQL question, but maybe somebody here knows the
answer!

I recently purchased Groff and Weinberg's The Complete Reference SQL,
and a fine meaty tome it is too!

However, I find to my absolute *_horror_* that there doesn't appear to
be an electronic version of the sample database - it's all down on paper
in Appendix A, but no way of downloading it electronically.

On the CD, there are files such as office.dat where the data is in the
format

22|Denver|Western|108|300000.00|186042.00
11|New York|Eastern|106|575000.00|692637.00

i.e. pipe delimited.

Why *_OH WHY_* is it not in bog standard DML format (i.e. INSERT INTO
Table_Name VALUES(..., ..., ...)?

I'm going to have to arse about with commas, INSERT INTO &c., which runs
the risk of typos, plus the table definitions are not in DDL format, in
fact they're not there at all! Why not?

Has anyone gone to the trouble of putting this data into any sort of
standard SQL (DDL + DML) format?

TIA.

Paul...

--

plinehan  x__AT__x  yahoo  x__DOT__x  com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.