Re: add column sillyness - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Ganainm
Subject Re: add column sillyness
Date
List pgsql-general
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us says...

> AFAICT, the main thing that Firebird lacks is a viable open-source
> development community :-(.

This is untrue - go to www.ibphoenix.com and follow the links to the
lists.

> It's a nice bit of software, and I'd be
> happy to see it doing better, but it seems like they just have not been
> able to gather critical mass around it.  So in any comparison you need
> to factor in the likelihood that Postgres will be improving at a much
> greater rate than Firebird.

Firebird seems to be holding its own in the battle with Interbase 7
(commerical product).

Paul...

--

plinehan  x__AT__x  yahoo  x__DOT__x  com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.