RE: [Incident report]Backend process crashed when executing 2pctransaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ranier Vilela
Subject RE: [Incident report]Backend process crashed when executing 2pctransaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Amit wrote:
>Interesting.  This does kind of gets us closer to figuring out what
>might have gone wrong, but hard to tell without the core dump at hand.

If something is corrupting memory rarely. It would be interesting to consider all the possibilities.
The MemSet function has an error alert on line 785 (twophase.c).
The size the var "_vstart" buffer, is not multiple size of the type long.
Maybe it's filling more than it should.

Ranier Vilela