Re: Schema related - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Ajay Kumar
Subject Re: Schema related
Date
List pgadmin-support
Ashesh,

Is it possible to set up a password for a schema (not public or postgres)?
I am trying to connect a DSN in Microstrategy BI tool where I have to connect a particular schema. It gives me authentication error. I can't connect to a particular schema using psql.
Any help?

Thanks,

Ajay Kumar

Applications Developer

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 5:33 AM
To: Ajay Kumar <KUMARAJ@pwcs.edu>
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Schema related

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 8:32 PM Ajay Kumar <KUMARAJ@pwcs.edu> wrote:

Ashesh,

The document was very helpful and it worked.

Once I use INSERT or COPY command in the ora2pg to generate the sql file, it came as huge file of more than 10gb which makes the pgadmin editor to hang. What is the best practice? Is there a way to insert the data from this generated file without opening the file in the editor?

10 GB is definitely a very huge file.
I would suggest you use psql for this operation.

-- Thanks, Ashesh

Looks like we can’t do it on a  schema level.

If you point me to a document that will be great.

Thanks,

Ajay

Ajay Kumar

Applications Developer