Re: OT: This list is Razored - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: OT: This list is Razored
Date
List pgsql-general
The solution to spam is going to have hiccups, that's for sure! And it's only started.

Fro example, if I use an Access Control List for blocking unwanted email, I will get the email
form thsi group fine. But everyone who cc's me as they reply to the email (or visa versa, I've
nerver been on a group that had the headers set up as the poster is the from and the list is the
cc before coming to this list) everybody's post could be returned to them. But ACL's are pretty
good to use, esepcially in combination with a content filter for blocking spoofed addresses.
Evenually it's going to take lock and key approach with PGP signings.

So, I agree it's STUPID to submit this list to the Razor site, but this stuff will get more
common as we start getting serious about trying to stomp out spammers.