Jdbc connection pooling and PG 7.4 consistently fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Lewis Foti
Subject Jdbc connection pooling and PG 7.4 consistently fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi

Having downloaded and installed the rpms for 7.4 I upgraded the database and
began testing. As the system under development is based on servlets we are
using the JDBC3 Jdbc3PoolingDataSource to provide the connections. All
attempts to read from the database via jdbc pooled connections now fail.
Looking in syslog the following error is being reported;

Dec 18 19:06:04 neptune postgres[1986]: [4-1] LOG:  statement: set
autocommit = off;
Dec 18 19:06:04 neptune postgres[1986]: [5-1] ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF
is no longer supported

This then causes a Java exception and the query fails. The jdbc jar file
being used is /usr/share/pgsql/pg73jdbc3.jar as provided in the
postgresql-jdbc-7.4-0.5PGDG rpm. Is this the correct one to use or should we
replace it with the /usr/share/pgsql/devpgjdbc3.jar?

regards

Lewis
Lewis Foti

e: lewis.foti@mentation.com