Re: Error for WITH options on partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Japin Li
Subject Re: Error for WITH options on partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 at 20:13, Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Someone on general list recently complained that the error message
> from trying to use options on a partitioned table was misleading,
> which it definitely is:
>
> CREATE TABLE parted_col_comment (a int, b text) PARTITION BY LIST (a)
> WITH (fillfactor=100);
> ERROR:  unrecognized parameter "fillfactor"
>
> Which is verified by patch 001.
>
> Patch 002 replaces this with a more meaningful error message, which
> matches our fine manual.
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createtable.html
>
>  ERROR:  cannot specify storage options for a partitioned table
>  HINT:  specify storage options on leaf partitions instead

Looks good.  Does this means we don't need the partitioned_table_reloptions()
function and remove the reloptions validation in DefineRelation() for
partitioned table.  Or we can ereport() in partitioned_table_reloptions().

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.