Re: Support logical replication of DDLs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Japin Li
Subject Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 at 00:22, Zheng Li <zhengli10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Japin,
>>The new patch change the behavior of publication, when we drop a table
>>on publisher, the table also be dropped on subscriber, and this made the
>>regression testa failed, since the regression test will try to drop the
>>table on subscriber.
>
>>IMO, we can disable the DDLs replication by default, which makes the
>>regression test happy.  Any thoughts?
>
> Good catch, I forgot to run the whole TAP test suite. I think for now
> we can simply disable DDL replication for the failing tests when
> creating publication: $node_publisher->safe_psql('postgres',
>     "CREATE PUBLICATION tap_pub FOR ALL TABLES WITH (ddl='')");
> I'll fix it in the next version of patch. I'll also work on breaking
> down the patch into smaller pieces for ease of review.

Oh, it doesn't work.

    postgres=# CREATE PUBLICATION s1 FOR ALL TABLES WITH(ddl = '');;
    ERROR:  conflicting or redundant options

Here is the code, I think, you might mean `if (ddl_level_given == NULL)`.

+            if (*ddl_level_given)
+                ereport(ERROR,
+                        (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
+                         errmsg("conflicting or redundant options")));
+
+            /*
+             * If publish option was given only the explicitly listed actions
+             * should be published.
+            pubactions->pubddl_database = false;
+            pubactions->pubddl_table = false;
+
+            *ddl_level_given = true;

--
Regrads,