Re: [GENERAL] all serial type was changed to 1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Max Wang
Subject Re: [GENERAL] all serial type was changed to 1
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Amitabh,

I mean the serial sequence that controls the id value has been set to 1 for all tables. That's why I got the duplicate
keyvalue error when I tried to insert the new record to table.

Thanks.

Regards,
Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 2 May 2017 9:31 AM
To: Max Wang <mwang@1080agile.com>; Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant@gmail.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] all serial type was changed to 1

On 05/01/2017 04:11 PM, Max Wang wrote:
> Hi Amitabh,
>

> Thank you for suggestion. We did not reach the limit of serial type.
> Some tables only have hundreds of rows.

It would helpful if you ran the query I showed in my previous post on one the sequences just so we can see.

 From subsequent post of yours:

"Sorry. I mean all tables’ id column were reset to 1."

I thought I understood on this, now I am not sure. Do you mean that the actual values in the id column in all the
tableshave been set to 1 or that the serial sequence that controls the id value has been set to 1?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com