stream data in bytea field + using SSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From markus.maryschka@xpluso.com
Subject stream data in bytea field + using SSL
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

In our ASP.NET Web-Application we use DataFields from type of bytea. The PostgreSQL (8.0) database is running on a LINUX – machine and require SSL encryption. For the access to the database we use the .NET driver, Npgsql.dll.

The connection to our database is OK, but if we want to store some binary data into our bytea-field, nothing is happening. It looks like the write process does never stop. Without using SSL all is OK. We have read somewhere in the web, that there are problems with the datatype bytea, if the database has an other operating system than the client.

Has anybody an idea, if this is the problem, or is somewhere a setting, which must be set, or are there other solutions?

Please help,

Thanks a lot.

Bye

Markus