Error Message Importing Into PostgreSQL (Using phpPgAdmin) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Secomb
Subject Error Message Importing Into PostgreSQL (Using phpPgAdmin)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.3.4 with phpPgAdmin 2.4.2 and the ".sql" file I'm trying to import came from a dump from a server running PostgreSQL 7.0.3.

I just got this error message trying to import the PostgreSQL database file into phpPgAdmin. The error message was as follows:

Error - /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpPgAdmin/db_readdump.php -- Line: 33

PostgreSQL said: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "\" at character 1
Your query:
\connect - postgres
CREATE SEQUENCE "acls_bannerid_seq" start 1 increment 1 maxvalue 2147483647 minvalue 1 cache 1 ;

Any idea about what the problem could be?

Many thanks.

Dan