Re: [ADMIN] Terminate connections using non-superuser - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From amandeep singh
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Terminate connections using non-superuser
Date
List pgsql-admin

Hi Naveen

pg_terminate_backend is working now with the solution suggested by you but I am still searching for the solution to view the queries executed by any other user using pg_stat_activity .

@scott: In my case I can't change the name of the default function/view as it is needed with the same name to run using tool.

Thanks both of you for your response.

Thanks and Regards:
Amandeep Singh

From: Naveen Kumar <naveenchowdaryon@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:15:27 PM
To: amandeep singh
Cc: pgsql-admin
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Terminate connections using non-superuser

Yes, non-superuser can do this. but user should have privilege to this.

GRANT pg_signal_backend TO user;

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen Kumar .M,
Sr. PostgreSQL Database Administrator,
Mobile: 7755929449.
My attitude will always be based on how you treat me.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 6:06 PM, amandeep singh <singh_a@live.in> wrote:

Hi All

I have a requirement where I need a non-superuser who can view (pg_stat_activity) and terminate (pg_terminate_backend) connections of other users. Is it possible to give such privileges to non-superuser?

Postgres Version :PostgreSQL9.6

Thanks and Regards:
Amandeep Singh