Invalid page header in block - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carmen Wai
Subject Invalid page header in block
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello:

I encounter a problem in which I have inserted about 1.6 million record to a
database table (using postgresql 7.3.4), when I vacuum or select * from the
table, it gets error message: Invalid page header in block 314345 of table.
At first, I think it is my hard-disk problem, so I install another new
machine (with the same config) and try again. But my new machine gets the
same error when I insert more than 1.6 million to the database table.

My machine running the postgresql is installed with Red Hat 7.3, it has a
IDE and SCSI hard disk. The data directory (PGDATA) is placed in the SCSI
hard disk. When I installed the OS, it has already checked the bad block, so
I don't think the error is caused by the bad block in my hard disk!

Does any one know to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!
Carmen

Linguaphone :  Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp