Simulation output using libpq - Mailing list pgsql-general

From C G
Subject Simulation output using libpq
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear All,

I have some c code that writes results directly to a file as they're
produced during a simulation. I want to modify the code to write
directly to a postgres database using libpq. I think I could open a
connection and insert into the database with a transaction, commiting at
the end of the simulation. One problem with this approach is that if I
have a lot of simultaneous simulations running I may run into problems
with exceeding the maximum number of connections allowed. I would
welcome any advice

Many thanks

Colin

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger