Re: Inputting columns of data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From C G
Subject Re: Inputting columns of data
Date
List pgsql-general
>On the other hand, that's a poor way of using a relational database - can
>you
>explain what you are trying to achieve? Someone might have a better way to
>do
>it.
>--
>   Richard Huxton
>   Archonet Ltd

I'm using the database to store results from a numerical simulation, so the
first column of the data array would be 'time', then the next column(s)
would be population(s). There are about 1000 rows in each array.

I about thought putting each row of the array into a row in the table.
However, this could very quickly lead to a table with more than a million
rows. Would this be a problem?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Colin