NFS performance tuning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jefim M
Subject NFS performance tuning
Date
List pgsql-general
I have the following setup for my PostgreSQL box:
4GB Ram
Dual CPU
Redhat 7.3 with 2.4.20-18.7smp kernel
2 network cards - one is dedicated to internal traffic to the NetApp filer
and other is used for other traffic

and all the Postgres database  resides on the NetApp filer using NFS.
Number of the connection to the database is configured to 64.

What are best configuration setting I need to use on my PostgreSQL and Linux
boxes to get the best performance from PostgresSQL?
Are there any recomendations for the given setup (having the data on the
remote server) ?