RE: BUG #17757: Not honoring huge_pages setting during initdb causes DB crash in Kubernetes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sisson, David
Subject RE: BUG #17757: Not honoring huge_pages setting during initdb causes DB crash in Kubernetes
Date
Re: BUG #17757: Not honoring huge_pages setting during initdb causes DB crash in Kubernetes  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
The default is "huge_pages = try" which is commented out in the "postgresql.conf.sample" file.
When a consumer like myself turns it off in the standard "postgresql.conf" file, it should not be turned on when initdb
runs.
There is no way to turn it off without altering the sample config file.

It is quite difficult to nearly impossible to alter the "postgresql.conf.sample" file using a 3rd party controller.
The file is read-only at runtime within Kubernetes.
Only some controllers let you modify the sample file without rebuilding their code.

You guys are awesome with truly outstanding responses.
I certainly didn't expect my initial solution to be used but to help in finding a good solution.  😊

Thanks,
David Angel

Internal Use - Confidential