Re: plperlu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arguile
Subject Re: plperlu
Date
List pgsql-general
Fran Fabrizio writes:

> I have PostgreSQL 7.1.3, and I'm trying to discern whether plperlu is
> available for this version.  createlang doesn't think so, a search of
> the docs turns up nothing, but there's been at least some talk of it on
> the mailing lists for some time now.  What's the current status?

7.1.3 doesn't come with it by default. The original patch from Alex Pilosov
can be found here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2001-06/msg00586.php

I applied that to my 7.1.3 (before 7.2 was out) with minimal hassle. You
should also be able to grab the whole dir right off CVS, I don't think there
were any changes in the core that affected it. Though my knowledge there is
lacking.

If it's feasible, a better idea would be to upgrade to 7.2.1 which includes
plperlu among many other improvements.