Re: Referential integrity error - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From James Kelty
Subject Re: Referential integrity error
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Yes, yes, I do.

Here is a test case that a developer wrote. Basically the class ran through
a process of, doing a select on the DB, and getting the results, which were
valid. Then, he created a ref integrity violation, and then tried the select
again, and got an exception. Here are his results.

>Running this java class produces the following output:
>The second query (which is the same as the first) produces an error
>message after a bad insert statement is executed...
>

>About to execute a valid query (we expect results)
>After executing a valid query (no exception thrown)
>Expected this error: ERROR:  fk_customeraddress_n40026faddre referential
>integrity violation -
>key referenced from customeraddress not found in address
>
>Closing error-producing statement
>About to execute another valid query
>After second valid query (unexpected exception): No results were returned
by
>the query.

Thanks!

-James