RE: [GENERAL] trigger problem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oren Teich
Subject RE: [GENERAL] trigger problem?
Date
List pgsql-general
As a follow up to my last post,
after some more testing, it appears that triggers for delete or insert work
as expected, i.e. if multiple triggers on the same table are defined they
each get called on a insert or delete.  For updates however, only the first
trigger defined on a relation seems to get called.

I defined 6 triggers - 3 "AFTER INSERT OR DELETE" and 3 "AFTER UPDATE".  All
3 triggers on the insert and delete are getting called - the data apperars
and disappears as expected in the tables.  On an update, however, all the
data is gone except for data populated by the first trigger defined.

Short of rewriting my SQL to delete/insert instead of update, is there
anything I can do?

thanks,
Oren Teich