Re: [DOCS] statement_timeout logging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [DOCS] statement_timeout logging
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>Alvaro Herrera
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 03:41:11PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > I have updated the message to:
> > >
> > >      errmsg("canceling query due to user request or
> statement timeout")));
> >
> > Oops.  Did we freeze the message strings already for this release?
>
> Not yet.
>
> I'm not sure I agree with the wording though -- is there no
> way to tell
> the difference?

Yes, my patch. :-)

The message is generated following receipt of a SIGINT which is sent by
kill() after the statement_timeout.

My patch was able to generate a different message by logging just before
the kill() is called. (Obviously, there isn't much "after" in this
circumstance).

Best Regards, Simon Riggs