Re: 100% of CPU utilization postgres process - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hashimoto Yuya
Subject Re: 100% of CPU utilization postgres process
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks,

> How large is $PGDATA/global/pgstat.stat ?

Unfortunately, the size of pgstat.stat was not taken when the CPU utilization of the postgress process reached nearly 100%...

> If it's very large (many MB), try doing pg_stats_reset(). If that makes
> the stats collector CPU usage drop, consider an update to PG 8.4.x,
> which is more efficient at dealing with large stats files.

Does it mean that CPU usage rate of stats collector process could possiblly reach 100% unless the postgres is updated to the version 8.4.x, instead of 8.3.x? (So far I'm planning to update the postgres to the version 8.3.9)

Regards,

【節約!】インターネット代、見直しませんか? 月額1,480円で快適ブロードバンド