Re: unlock Select for update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jose antonio leo
Subject Re: unlock Select for update
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes...
It is a web system. I Send part of code and explain in it.

JSP1
<jsp:useBean id="beanOfe" scope="session" class="eurocash.ManOfe"/> This
useBean instance ManOfe and connect to DB.

The user select a row to update and the jsp call the method
consultaTransaccional
    beanOfe.consultaTransaccional(hae) //call the method consultaTransaccional
of ManOfe

JSP2
<jsp:useBean id="beanOfe" scope="session" class="eurocash.ManOfe"/> This
useBean instance ManOfe and connect to DB.

The user update the row and submit. the jsp call to method modifica...

    beanOfe.modifica(hae) //call the method modifica of ManOfe

CLASS
public class ManOfe {
     public UtilBD utilBD = new UtilBD(); // connect to DB

  public Vector consultaTransaccional ( HOfe hOfeParam )
    {
      Vector vHOfe = new Vector();
      hOfe.utilBD.inicioTransaccion();                    //init transacstion
      vHOfe = hOfe.consultaForUpdate( hOfeParam );        //execute select for
update. Lock the rows.
      return (vHOfe);                            //return to jsp2
    }

    public HOfe modifica ( HOfe hOfeParam )
    {
      hOfeReturn = hOfe.modifica( hOfeParam );   // update the row locks
before
      hOfe.utilBD.finalTransaccion();         //end transaction, unlock row.
      return (hOfeReturn);
    }

}

In this system if the web user close your browser the row keeps blocked.

I hope that you understand to me