Re: Perl and AutoCommit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frnak McKenney
Subject Re: Perl and AutoCommit
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 01:34:23 -0500, Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com> wrote:
> Dan Sugalski wrote:
>> At 12:31 AM -0500 3/27/05, Madison Kelly wrote:
>>>   What I am trying to do is turn off autocommit for one particular
>>> task in my program. I realize I can turn off AutoCommit when I connect
>>> to the database but in this case that is not what I want to do. This
>>> is a one-off task.
>>
>> Set the AutoCommit attribute of the database handle. Pull up the docs
>> for DBI and search for the "Database Handle Attributes" section.
>
> Hmm... I've read that now (thank you!) and I have added:
>
> $acw=$DB->{AutoCommit};
> print " |- AutoCommit was: [$acw]\n";
> $DB->{AutoCommit} = 0 || die...
> $acn=$DB->{AutoCommit};
> print " |- AutoCommit now: [$acw]\n";

Or maybe:
  print " |- AutoCommit now: [$acn]\n";
                            -----^

(Minor typo, may not be relevant).

Frank McKenney

Frank McKenney, McKenney Associates
Richmond, Virginia / (804) 320-4887
Munged E-mail: frank uscore mckenney ayut minds pring dawt cahm (y'all)
--
    One new phenomenon of our times was the establishment of English
    schools and departments in the universities at about the same time