A function for building a where clause. - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Ari Nepon
Subject A function for building a where clause.
Date
List pgsql-php
Does anyone know of a function that I could use to take form data and build
a where clause for my SQL query based on their choices (which can be from
text fields, memo fields, dropdowns of numbers or letters, and radio buttons
or check boxes).

Here is something I wrote, but i know is not correct, and would fail unless
the first choice is chosen. But it gives an idea of what I am trying to do.

function searchparams()
{
global $f_you;
global $f_clients;
global $f_project;
global $f_task;
global $f_description;
global $f_hours;
global $f_date;

    if(!empty($f_you))
    $sort1="WHERE tbl_all.employee_ID = \"$f_you\"";
    if(!empty($f_clients))
    $sort2="AND tbl_all.client_ID = \"$f_clients\"";
    if(!empty($f_project))
    $sort3="AND tbl_all.project_ID = \"$f_project\"";
    if(!empty($f_task))
    $sort4="AND tbl_all.task_ID = \"$f_task\";
    if(!empty($f_description))
    $sort5="AND tbl_all.description LIKE '$f_description'";
    if(!empty($f_hours))
    $sort6="AND  bl_all.hours = \"$f_hours\"";
    if(!empty($f_date))
    $sort7="AND tbl_all.date LIKE \"$f_project\"";
    $finalsort="$sort1  $sort2  $sort3  $sort4  $sort5  $sort6  $sort7";
    echo "final sort:$finalort $f_project";
    return $finalsort;

}

Problem with this function is that I am getting a where clause that has AND
sometable.somecolumn="" and its screwing up my query.

Thanks,

Ari

Ari Nepon
MRB Communications