Re: rename() vs. link(); building from source - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From David P. Caldwell
Subject Re: rename() vs. link(); building from source
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
>> One issue that occurs to me is that I did *not* remove the binary version
of
>> PostgreSQL when building my version.  Combined with the fact that /bin is
>> (duh) in my path, this may have caused all sorts of confusion vis-a-vis
>> linking, etc.  This may explain why uninstalling and reinstalling random
>> programs (like readline) fixed some of my problems, by causing programs
>> be relinked.  I now have removed the PostgreSQL package, so things may go
>> differently (hopefully better) for me if I try to build from the current
CVS
>> tree.

>The above is not true.  I never remove the current PostgreSQL package
>and build PostgreSQL all the time without any problems.

Good info.  I haven't tried it again (and have gotten rather busy in the
last day or so), but I'll be sure to report to the list when I do.

>See my recent post -- I will submit the patch.  Wish me luck... :,)

Yes, good luck!

I have also run my massive data load program since the last time I updated
you and can report that it completed successfully (the previous record was
about 7% before crashing, so I think I can confirm the problem is fixed).

Thanks,
Jason