Error since powerouttage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel E. Fisher
Subject Error since powerouttage
Date
List pgsql-general
Running a RH 9 system with postgres 7.3.2-3

I come back after vacation and my system shutdown cause of a powerouttage on
the block.

I restart and i get this trying to access the database:
"Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host
database.lhasi.org and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in
/var/www/html/dealingwithcrohns/phpBB2/db/postgres7.php on line 79
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

If someone could help me that be great.

I don't believe I saw postgres start on startup...but don't I have to start
it by the pgsql user?

-Dan