Re: How much work is a native Windows application? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: How much work is a native Windows application?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I've sent others to do a cygwin install of PG; it's not at all obvious to
them how much of cygwin they need & they end up installing ALL of cygwin (a
ton of devel tools, obscure unix utils, etc.) just to get PG working.

It would seem not too difficult to package up the cygwin.dll, the handful of
shell utils (sh, rm, etc.) req'd by PG, and perhaps even give it a standard
Windows installer.

Would this be a worthwhile move?

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant