Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy
Date
List pgsql-hackers

It's not the nicest thing, but the root for the mini-cygwin/PG could be
c:\program files\postgresql. Then PG itself could be something like
c:\program files\postgresql\bin. Java, for instance, comes packed in
c:\program files\javasoft\_version_number_\bin.

In any event, for people that want to play around, test it out, do some PG
work on their laptop at night, etc., I don't think they'd really care that
it's not a "real" windows program. I'm a dedicated unix weenie, and I have
PG + cygwin on the windows partition of my machines. It's very convenient at
times.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant