RE: XML question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Snow
Subject RE: XML question
Date
List pgsql-general
If you're asking how to get XML data into PostgreSQL, for perl users:

Matt Sergeant's DBIx::XML_RDB module looks handy.  (I think it just got
added to the FreeBSD ports collection too).
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/12/13/perlxmldb.html

Or use any XML parser module (XML::Simple!) and pump the data into
PostgreSQL using Pg or DBD.

Or roll your own parser, this doesn't take long in perl!

(I have successfully used the latter two methods)

- Andrew