Is there a PostgresQL equivalent to the DESCRIBE keyword??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter E. Chen
Subject Is there a PostgresQL equivalent to the DESCRIBE keyword???
Date
Re: Is there a PostgresQL equivalent to the DESCRIBE keyword???
List pgsql-general
Hey All,

I'm trying to display the schema to various tables.  In most other
databases, you can use the DESCRIBE keyword or the SHOW keyword (I believe
this is a SQL99 keyword).  Is there an equivalent in PostgresQL?

Also, does PostgresQL have an equivalent to the following:

SHOW CREATE TABLE table_name

Thanks for any help.

Peter