PostgreSQL admin or monitor program? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Huntress
Subject PostgreSQL admin or monitor program?
Date
List pgsql-general
Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent for the MySQL program mysqladmin?   My
system load jumped and using top I saw that it was due to postmaster.  With
mysqladmin I can show the mysql processlist and see the list of connections
and who is doing what.  I've looked through the indexes for all the
documentation at http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/ (and I've read
most of them) but I don't see an equivalent function.

What is the best way to do mundane things like list active users and their
state, list stats about the server (mysqladmin will list uptime, number of
queries issued, queries per second etc), kill a user, etc?   Can psql do
this or do I need a seperate client?

--
Regards,
Gary "SuperID" Huntress