jdbc and refcursor problem - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Gaetano Sferra
Subject jdbc and refcursor problem
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello to all,
I need to process a cursor returned by a stored function,
reading the jdbc driver docs I learned how to do it but I got a strange behavior
using metadata.
For xample:

CallableStatement cstm = conn.prepareCall("{ ? = call myfunction() }");
cstm.registerOutParameter(1, Types.OTHER);
cstm.execute();

ResultSet rs = (ResultSet) cstm.getObject(1);
ResutlSetMetaData rsmd = rs.getMetaData();
int columns  = rsmd.getColumnCount() // <-- this throw a NullPointerException

I got a NullPointerException when try to retrieve the ResultSet column count
even if the ResultSet contains or not data. Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Gaetano Sferra

Libero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis e navighi a 1.2 Mega, senza costi di attivazione.
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it