Access to Postgresql Utility - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Bryan
Subject Access to Postgresql Utility
Date
List pgsql-general
I am currently working on a MS Access to PostgreSQL utility. Since I could
not find one I suppose I will either release it to the PostgreSQL folks or
put it out as open source.

What I am tring to discover is the maximum length table, field, index names
can be. I want to make sure that I correct any problems during the SQL code
generation.

Curently the product is written in VB5 and generates scripts for table,
index, and relationships. Eventually it will also generate data import
scripts.

The idea is to make it easier to port Access applications to PostgreSQL
rather than SQL Server.

Thanks for the help.