Re: extended error codes in the JDBC driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joe Shevland
Subject Re: extended error codes in the JDBC driver
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Fairly long-standing request this one, to get errno() or something similar to report an error code back to the client
interfaces.

I agree, its critically important because you can't determine things in the (fe) code based on parsing an error message
(wellyou can, but its stupid to rely on this). It does require changes in the backend, and I guess probably not
insignificant,as anywhere it previously threw an error the code'd need to be changed to use an integer constant or
similar,plus creating all the error codes etc (well maybe just editing one function call ;). Still, the only driver
I'veused that behaved well in this fashion was the Oracle one, and it made a really nice difference to developing.

Regards,
Joe