RE: duplicate key entries for primary key -- need urgent help - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kumar, Pawan (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)
Subject RE: duplicate key entries for primary key -- need urgent help
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks a lot Tomas for the reply.

Which version are you running, exactly? Whih minor version?
[Pawan]: Its (PostgreSQL) 9.5.9

sai=> select version();
                                                 version
 PostgreSQL 9.5.9 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11), 64-bit
(1 row)

Why do you think it's the issue you linked?

[Pawan]: Because the thread which I shared also has problem statement like "Duplicate entries of Primary key" .
If this is also known to this version, I will be appreciating a lot if we have some Workaround or config change.

In our production: See below entries, proc_id is primary key and we can see duplicate entries. How it is possible?

sai=> select ctid,proc_id from etl_status where proc_id='2993229';
   ctid   | proc_id
 (381,20) | 2993229
 (388,28) | 2993229
(2 rows)