RE: Use pgloader with FDW - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patricia DECHANDOL
Subject RE: Use pgloader with FDW
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks a lot Adrian.
We can't update the mysql columns values, so I will adopt the datetime -> text solution.
Thanks again

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 23 mars 2018 14:25
À : Patricia DECHANDOL <pdechandol@intercountry.com>; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Objet : Re: Use pgloader with FDW

On 03/23/2018 06:07 AM, Patricia DECHANDOL wrote:
> Hello Adrian,
>
> So, if I well understand, the only solution is to wrap the mysql datetime columns to "text" columns in my foreign
tables.
> And then use a cast function to convert from text to date in Postgre when I want to use these columns ?

There is also the option of changing the values in the MySQL database to either an actual datetime or NULL. Though
thereis the potential issue of what that would do to code that is pulling from the MySQL database.

> No other way.
> The pgloader can't be used by the FDW to manage this point ?

It has been a while since I used pgloader, but from what I remember it is a tool for doing the initial migration of
datafrom MySQL/Sqlite/SQL Server to Postgres. What you seem to be looking for is pgloader to sit between the MySQL
databaseand the Postgres one and do the transformation in real time. AFAIK that is not possible.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com