Re: How to run in parallel in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Lars Aksel Opsahl
Subject Re: How to run in parallel in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hi

Thanks, I checked it out.

If I understand it correct I have to write the code using plproxy syntax and this means if plproxy is not installed the code will fail.

So the only way now to use built in parallel functionality in Postgres is to use C ?

Do you believe it will possible in the future to run parallel calls from a PostgresSQL function (or is impossible/difficult because of design) ?

Lars