Re: persistent variables between cross-calls in C functions - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From ff
Subject Re: persistent variables between cross-calls in C functions
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> "ff" <ff-@uol.com.br> writes:
> > I could not find any way to store a value in a C function
> > between calls.
>
> A static variable such as you illustrated should work fine -
-- at least
> for successive calls within a single session.  It will not p
rovide
> communications across sessions.  For that you'd need to use
a file or
> grab some shared memory (this is doable but bear in mind tha
t it's a
> very finite resource).
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks, Tom!
But it isn't working.
Even inside the same session (I do not want to provide
communications across sessions).

Is there any macro provided in any c header file that I
should use?

I am using postgresql version 7.3.2, on AIX 4.3 (and all
patches).

Thanks again.

---
UOL, o melhor da Internet