Re: save data from views - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From mzmaxmail@libero.it
Subject Re: save data from views
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, [iso-8859-1] mzmaxmail@libero.it wrote:

>  first of all, thanx for anyone who answered my previous question... i've understood what was wrong...
> now, i've got another question, i know it could sound stupid, but i have not such a great practice with postgres. i'm
askingyou: is it that a way to save values from a view?

> i'm using postgres to calculate pollutant emissions by cars, and i make some queries and create views. i would like
tosave the results from the views but i can't find a way to export them.

> once again thanx in advance for your help, massimo

You could write a program in your favourite language that selects and
prints the rows of your views.

Also you could
# create table tempviewdata as select * from <your view name>;

Why would you want to save the values of your views??

thanx for your answer.
i'm developing a database that outputs pollutant emissions that has to be imported by the GRASS _ GIS program.
in that way i can produce vector maps of the city i'm studying with pollutant emissions as attributes.
to do this, i had to put the COPERT emissions model in the database, and create views to display all the results. but i
alsoneed to save this results, if i want to open them in other programs!!!

massimo