Re: BUG #18500: Detaching a partition with an index manually attached to the parent's index triggers Assert - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Westermann (DWE)
Subject Re: BUG #18500: Detaching a partition with an index manually attached to the parent's index triggers Assert
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18500: Detaching a partition with an index manually attached to the parent's index triggers Assert  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-bugs
>On Sun, 2024-06-09 at 06:00 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      18500
>> Logged by:          Alexander Lakhin
>> Email address:      exclusion@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 17beta1
>> Operating system:   Ubuntu 22.04

>FYI, I think that the same problem just happened to me with v17beta2:

>test=> CREATE TABLE p (id integer) PARTITION BY RANGE (id);
>CREATE TABLE
>test=> CREATE TABLE p_1 PARTITION OF p FOR VALUES FROM (1) TO (2);
>CREATE TABLE
>test=> ALTER TABLE p_1 ADD PRIMARY KEY (id);
>ALTER TABLE
>test=> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ON p (id);
>CREATE INDEX
>test=> ALTER TABLE p DETACH PARTITION p_1;
>server closed the connection unexpectedly
>        This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>        before or while processing the request.

Doesn't happen on FreeBSD:

postgres=# CREATE TABLE p (id integer) PARTITION BY RANGE (id);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# CREATE TABLE p_1 PARTITION OF p FOR VALUES FROM (1) TO (2);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=#  ALTER TABLE p_1 ADD PRIMARY KEY (id);
ALTER TABLE
postgres=#  CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ON p (id);
CREATE INDEX
postgres=# ALTER TABLE p DETACH PARTITION p_1;
ALTER TABLE
postgres=# \! cat /etc/os-release
NAME=FreeBSD
VERSION="14.1-RELEASE-p1"