How to figure out when was a table created - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David B
Subject How to figure out when was a table created
Date
Re: How to figure out when was a table created  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi folks,

I posted this question a few days ago and got no response so I guess it
cannot be done (surprising!)
So that leaves me with my business problem.

We create a table for each days activity.
After N days (typically 7 days) we can drop the table.
The table name is not known so cannot force business to make tablename
something like mydata_MMDDYY

I'd like to be able to do something like:SELECT tablenameFROM   pg_???WHERE  to_char( ???, 'dd/mm/yy' ) = to_char(
now()- interval '7 days',

'dd/mm/yy' )

Any suggestions?

--- Prior msg was:

Folks,

I have a list of tables for which I want to get the date they were
created...and if possible the date last updateded.

I suspect there is a pg_??? table that can answer this question but I don't
know what it is and I cannot find it mentioned in any docs.

Any suggestions...tia
-D

p.s. Love this forum!