Referring to derived column name in a RECORD - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David B
Subject Referring to derived column name in a RECORD
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi folks,

I know I'm doing something wrong here but cannot make it work no matter how
many/few quotes I use<g>

I'm trying to reference a column in a RECORD which is not a column name but
a derived column.
Any suggestions???

Example code below to highlight the problem:

DECLARE

r_app          RECORD ;

BEGIN

FOR r_app  IN SELECT to_char( created_timestamp, 'DDMMYY' ) AS "joined_on",        last_name,        first_name FROM
customerWHERE  cust_id = 123

LOOP
   r_app.last_name ; -- Easy to referenece this value but...   r_app.joined_on ; -- HOW do I reference this
value?...thisdoes not work