Re: Modify column type - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Modify column type
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Scott,

I believe you can hack the catalogs:  (disclaimer)

update pg_attribute set atttypmod=104 where attname='email' and
attrelid=(select oid from pg_class where relname='student');

Do this in a transaction and then \d the table to check that it has worked
before committing.

Chris