Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Tuning Results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Tuning Results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I am now going to leave it on 5000 and play with wal_buffers.
> >  Is there anything else people are interested in me trying?
>
> Keenly interested.  Who wouldn't want to know how to optimize it?
> That's the hardest guideline to find.

Oops - what that sentence was supposed to say is "Is there anyone else
interested in me trying any other variables?"

What I don't really know is what is actually affected by wal_buffers?  I
assume my select only tests won't even touch the WAL, so I guess I have to
just play with tpc-b.

Chris