SET NULL / SET NOT NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject SET NULL / SET NOT NULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

This is the email I sent earlier - I think it was lost in the 7.2 release
hammering the servers got.

I'm hoping to implement SET NULL / SET NOT NULL for 7.3

I've been searching the SQL99 docs but I still can't figure out the syntax
for it.  (BTW, can anyone give me SQL92?)

So I guess there are two possibilties - which is correct?:

ALTER TABLE blah ADD CONSTRAINT "asfd" NOT NULL (field);
ALTER TABLE blah DROP CONSRAINT "asdf";

or

ALTER TABLE    blah ALTER COLUMN field SET [ NOT NULL | NULL ];

My question is - does the parser already support the syntax?  ie. Is there
an empty function somewhere that says 'not implemented', or do I have to
actually add the flex code for it?

If it is there - where is it?

Chris