Re: RFC: Restructuring pg_aggregate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: RFC: Restructuring pg_aggregate
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If the client has to bear the some part, isn't the invisible
> column approach much simpler ?
>
> I've put a pretty much time into DROP COLUMN feature but
> I am really disappointed to see the comments in this thread.
> What DROP COLUMN has brought me seems only a waste of time.

I kind of agree with Hiroshi here.  All I want to be able to do is drop
columns from my tables, and reclaim the space.  I've got all sorts of
production tables with columns just sitting there doing nothing, awaiting
the time that I can happily drop them.  It seems to me that whatever we do
will require some kind of client breakage.

Chris