Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > In other words, they already have an automated installation procedure
> > for PostgreSQL if you are using Cygwin.
>
> Yes, but you need to choose other packages in addition to PG to get it to
> work, and which ones you need to choose aren't obvious. I think, at least,
> we could provide some documentation on a straightforward PG
> cygwin install.

I think a full, proper native version of Postgres for windows that can be
compiled and distributed as a binary with installer is essential.  Just look
at how many people use MySQL for windows.

We should just rip out our own IPC code and replace it with the APR...

Chris