Re: PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on NetWare - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on NetWare
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> 1. Where can I find the latest version 7.3 of PostgreSQL?
> I want to check where I have to make changes and

You will need to download it via CVS.  Do this on the command line:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot checkout
pgsql

This will create a subdirectory called 'pgsql' with the complete source in
it.

To compile it, type 'make' or 'gmake' in the pgsql directory.  You will need
Bison installed to compile from cvs, and gmake if it's not a linux system.

> 2. Who is the best person to contact for submitting patches.
> I would like to add the changes I've made to PostgreSQL
> main source tree.

To generate an acceptable patch, go:

cvs diff -c > patchname.txt

>From the pgsql directory.  This will generate a patch of the entire cvs
tree.  You can specify a single filename if that's all you want to diff.
You should then email the patch to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org along with
an explanation of the patch and a documentation patch if it changes
something that's user visible.

Looking forward to seeing a Netware port...

Cheers,

Chris